Friday 18 April 2014

Book Review: Bitten

Title: Bitten
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Woman of the Otherworld - #1
Publisher: Plume Books
Release Date: September 7th 2004
ISBN-13: 978-0-4522-8603-0
Source: Owned E-book
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Synopsis

Elena Michaels is a werewolf. She tries to be human, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reconsider who and what she is.

My Thoughts

I must say that I was severely disappointed with this novel. It had been on my TBR list for quite some time but I did start reading it because I became interested in the television series. The book was definitely not as good at the t.v. series and usually the circumstance in my opinion is the opposite.

I wasn't disappointed so much with the story line, the story line was great and so were the characters. It was more the author's writing and how she portrayed the story. The novel could have been more fully developed and I thought that this would have been the case. Unfortunately the t.v. series was way more developed, again in my opinion.

I have so many questions about this "Werewolf" world that have gone unanswered. Simple questions that are usually answered by the end of the novel or I at least form the answer by my own conclusions.

I am however interested in the second book, which I am under the impression is still about Elena. I will read it and I am hoping it is a bit better than this novel.

My Rating: 2.5

Goodreads: Bitten
Author: Kelley Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment